Thursday, June 15, 2006

Injection Molding - Custom Ideas for The Custom Injection Molder


I became involved in the plastic injection molding world about 25 years ago and never left it. I started on the floor as a Technician, troubleshooting plastic injection molding processes, while taking classes to further my education. I have primarily spent my years in area of plastic injection processing and troubleshooting arena as a Process Engineer, although I have also spent about 7 of those years as a Project Engineer and Program Manager. I also spent a year or so as the Plant Manager for a smaller injection molding company and learned that it wasn't something I was really cut out to do. At the time, my children were in there prime growing up years and I felt that spending time with them was more important than the prestige or salary, not to mention the late hours at work it brought with it.

I have very contently spent the last 11 years as a Process Manager and the last 5 years, for a very well known custom plastic injection molder who is a premier leader in the plating and injection molding industry. I enjoy the constant learning that my career path has provided me over the years, as I need it to remain challenged in what I do. If it becomes easy or boring I loose interest and don't perform at my top level.

Troubleshooting plastic injection molding problems provides a constant challenge and as I go along in this blog I intend to sprinkle it with troubleshooting tidbits, from the most basic of questions to the more complex issues. I'm not a chemist and I don't plan on getting deep into plastic polymer chemistry but I think we can discuss some of the more common issues that plague all injection molders and especially process technicians, and if there is enough interest we can even do some online discussion to answer each others questions. I am also very versed in S.M.E.D. (quick die change principles).

I'm not the absolute expert, but after 25 years I think I can provide some helpful hints to your daily injection molding questions and issues.

Till next time...keep on molding and post you questions in this blog if your interested! http://www.wm8c.com/custom_injection_molding.htm

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: