Monday, June 19, 2006

Machine Embroidery - We went and did it!

We have been wanting to go into the machine embroidery business for ourselves for a long time. We bought a Husqvarna Designer I about 5 years ago and it has served us well but there are just some things that it doesn't do as well as a commercial style machine can, especially hats or caps, and very large embroidery.

We went out last week after some comparison shopping and decided to purchase a Brother PR-600II. This machine falls into the beginner commercial class of machines. It is a single head, six needle machine, capable of stitching speeds up to 1000 stitches per minute. We got a great deal on the embroidery machine, bought an extra set of hoops, the full cap hoop set (both high and low profile caps) some new digitizing software and I built a stand for it from scratch. You can see my stand project on my site at http://www.wm8c.com/embroidery_machine_stand.htm .

This machine will take us into the next realm of home business embroidery by giving us many more options for design sizes, much better cap embroidery options, and many other things as well. We can now do full jacket backs up to 12" in size (I can't wait to get my first jacket with a full size eagle on the back!) and so many more things. I think I was more excited than my wife was. So if you have custom embroidery needs, stop by the main site at http://www.wm8c.com/machine_embroidery.htm and see what we can do for you.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,


No comments: