Wednesday, March 10, 2010

25K Training Has Begun


For the past few weeks now I have been training for 25K that happens here in our area on May 8th, 2010 called the Fifth Third River Bank Run. I have been running less than a year at this point and part of me says that this is a bit more than I'm ready for but none the less, I'm going to give it the best I have to succeed. I have been following the 25K training plan provided by the race sponsors and have modified it a little to suit me as it only beginner and experienced distances listed for training and I find myself somewhere in between that.


These past few weeks I have been experimenting with different shoes, which at this moment I am starting to think was big mistake to try while training. I have suffered for most of the last year from shin splints and have been constantly on the search for information or changes to deal with the pain that causes, so far with little luck. I even tried orthopedic inserts for about 3 months with some minor effect but nothing has cured it as of yet.


I have enjoyed my running over the past year immensely and besides the shin pain, it has simply been a lot of fun. After losing 100 lbs. in 2008 and falling into running quite by chance, I have continuously surprised myself with what I have been able to accomplish. You can learn about my entire weight loss and exercise path for the past two years on my blog at www.onepoundago.com/blog/ . I have chronicled my path during the entire event and if you are looking for inspiration or motivation to get going on the weight loss and exercise path yourself, that's the place to start!


See you on the course!

No comments: