Saturday, February 10, 2007

The wide world of blogging...

The last few days have been a whirlwind of events that have been, well just say challenging to say the least. I originally started this blog as a place to build a business from, make a few extra bucks as I went along which the blog has been able to do for me. What I have learned in the last year is that building a business with a blog can be just a challenging as any other brick and mortar business.

I have my goals set for the coming year and I am hoping to achieve those, but as with any business, it will take a lot of hard work and time commitment. So why this post? I needed to collect my thoughts and redirect myself a bit and I always do that better when I write them down.

One thing that I must stress is balance. Balance is important to maintain your own sanity and keep yourself focused on all things that you are working on. In my case, I work a full time job away from home and hope to someday be able to work from home. I help my wife with managing her small machine embroidery business and run a small Internet business of my own.

The key is not to let those things run your life. You must maintain balance and that means for me that my family and religious obligations come first, the day job comes second (for the moment), play time 3rd, and the Internet business comes fourth. That might not sit well for many Internet marketers but it works for me. I don't plan to get rich quick, but slowly build over time and hopefully build something that will last, but I plan to continue on with Internet marketing as I think it's the wave of now and the future!

Technorati Tags:
, ,

No comments: