Friday, May 26, 2006

Adsense tweaks and tips...


I just spent the money on Joel Comm's new book "The Adsense Code" and I'm waiting for it to arrive. I have gobbled up all the free adsense stuff I could find and I have done all the recommended page optimizations and consequently have seen pleasant results in click through rates since doing that. I went from penny's per day to $ per day but it's a pittance of what the possibilities I think could be. I'm in the process of finding ways increase traffic to my site and that so far is slow going, so I'm concentrating my efforts on that.

Tip: Follow the guidelines laid out by Google and the many free ebooks on how to blend and place your adsense adds. It does work.

Luckily, I had quite a bit of content on the site to begin with so I am just adding to the content as I go, looking for things to write about that fits the theme of my site and soliciting articles from others that have something to share. I am going to keep my content as new and original as possible, and I want to avoid becoming one of the search results that displays the same articles over and over. I do see an advantage to taking someone else's ezine article and making it my own if I get stuck for an idea to write about but we'll see how that goes.

Tip: Set a goal to write an article a week for you site or blog and if you reach that goal, move to two a week, and so on. I you can write one a day, you'll be amazed how fast you will add content that hopefully someone is looking for. Have a goal.

I have come across a number of TOS violations in my search for ideas so I'm constantly trying to make sure that between this blog and my website at www.wm8c.com , that I am very careful not to violate anything as I don't want my account revoked. I'm looking at this as a long term investment and not a get rich quick scheme so I want my account to stay active and in compliance.

Tip: Don't cheat the system. You will probably get caught. I think you can make a respectable income from this by just following the rules. Many would laugh at me for this but I feel honesty is still the best policy.

I have so much to learn about all this and I'm constantly looking for fresh ideas and things to learn, so I hope that continues to happen.

Tip: Ask for help from the experienced people doing this like I'm doing right now :O)




No comments: