Friday, May 19, 2006

I'm still learning about Morels but gaining knowledge...

Well I finally did it. I found a patch of Morel mushrooms and was able to pick about 50 of them around the area that I found them, so I guess now I'm a "hooked" mushroom hunter. I have been loving my walks in the woods with the camera and hunting Morel mushrooms, and the walking is the best part of it all from a health standpoint anyway. I have spent a couple of hours reading all I could find on the net about where to look, where they grow, and asking veteran hunters for tips at work, and it paid off finally with some tatsy Morels to go with my steak! I think I have realized the hardest part is finding an area that hasn't already been picked over but understanding what types of forests to look for is important also. The yellow varieties are up now so we are coming to the end of th season and I'll be back out for my walk tonight. Hopefully I can find another Morel honey hole while I'm out. Need a relaxing way to excercise and enjoy walks in the woods? Try Morel mushroom hunting, it's a blast! Don't forget to stop by my website for some more fun topics too at http://wm8c.com/morel_mushrooms.htm.

No comments: