Thursday, May 04, 2006

Morel mushroom hunting time...

If you live in Michigan, probably the second biggest activity next to deer hunting is mushroom hunting. We have just come into the month where this activity really heats up here. I was out for about 4 hours last night and didn't find that bumper harvest of morels that I was hoping for bit I will keep looking for the few weeks at least. I did find a couple here and there so I'm hoping it's just a bit early yet and we have been really dry in this area of the state for the last 3 weeks so that isn't helping but better weather is on the horizon to get the "fungus to start popping" quickly I hope. If nothing else, at least it gets me off my butt and away from the computer doing some excercise ,which I don't do enough of anyways and the nice thing about it, is that doesn't seem like your exercising this way! Stay tuned!

No comments: