Monday, May 29, 2006

Ham Radio Call Sign Embroidery...


I am currently working on a page to sell ham radio embroidery items such as hats, shirts, and the like. We can do almost anything using your designs or ours. This is a hobby of my wife's that can be a bonus to my hobby of ham radio, since we "ham operators" just love telling everyone who we are (we are just a bunch of electronic or computer nerds at heart). I have been a Ham Radio operator since I was a "wee one" at the age of 15 and have been around the hobby ever since.

The hobby can be as simple or complicated as you would like to make it. I am more of what is referred to as a DX'er, as I prefer the long distance communications around the world, but there are so many facets to this hobby, I would go nuts trying to list them all here. A few common ones though are: Microwave and Satellite operations, UHF/VHF repeaters, Slow and fast scan TV (yes television), Emergency communications like ARES (amateur radio emergency services) and RACES, to name a few. "Hams" played a very important role in providing communications during hurricane Katrina and were recognized for their efforts in assisting local and national agencies with making contact with the proper authorities when all other forms of communication from the area had collapsed.

You can learn more about Ham Radio from my site (www.wm8c.com) and a visit to the ARRL website (www.arrl.org). If you want a hat like the one above, just send a email to (mailto:astrid@wm8c.com) to inquire about pricing. I will have a page put together by mid-June and you can go there, which will be www.wm8c.com/ham_radio_embroidery.htm for a quote as well or go to http://www.wm8c.com/ham_caps.htm to order now!

No comments: