Tuesday, May 23, 2006

It's Turkey Time

It's Turkey time! Mom turkey and the gobbler chicks decided to visit the back yard recently. Being a hunter, you already know that I would have preferred to add a turkey to the freezer but also being a amateur photograpy buff, it's sometimes just as much fun to "shoot" them with a camera for a more permanent memory. I like to look for any opportunity to take pictures and that means having your camera near by at all times to be able to do that. You never know when that next opportunity is going to present itself, just like this one did. When you are taking photos of nature, they don't tend to folow any scripts so it's a must that you are ready at all times. Tip: Always remember to keep your memory cards emptied and your batteries fully charged too. I learned that one the hard way one day, when an opportunity presented itself with some deer that would have made some fantasic shots and unfortunately my batteries died. I had been using the camera the day before to take some heavy duty flash photos and I was so used to the battery in my Sony F707 lasting a long time that I didn't check it after words. Needless to say, I now have no pictures of the deer I wanted to shoot with the camera. You only get one chance so don't be caught with a full flash card or dead batteries! Till next time...

No comments: