Monday, July 31, 2006

Adsense - The "Magic Bullet" For Making More Money?

The fact of the matter is, and if you've read as many books as I now have, then you know there isn't a "magic bullet" with adsense to make big bucks. There are only two simple ingredients to making more money. Finding the highest paying keywords you can be competitive with and lots and lots of "targeted" visitors to get you the clicks you need. Most everyone wants to go after insurance, debt solutions, and the like, but if you look at the competition for those keywords, good luck breaking into the top 10 on those. So that leaves you with finding a niche and key phrases that have less comptetiton so you can place better in the searches and generate more income in areas that other haven't found or saturated.

The other obvious thing is content, and more content, and not just a bunch of generated content, but fresh real content. You need pages that are unique and will continue to bring in income over the long haul. Keep the upcoming seasons in mind and be thinking about things that are coming up in a few months. Then you can build pages or a site around that area and hopefully be well indexed by the time people start thinking about searching for them.

I'm alreadu starting to think about fall activities and Thaksgiving for new content I'm currently adding to my site. Write it yourself or hire someone, but fresh content will go much further than the free stuff does. I had added adsense to one page back in April from a project I did over 2 years ago, and that page has generated $35 alone in the last 3 months. I didn't make the page for adsense but it is a page that draws a decent amount of visits and thus has been generating a steady income. Now if you can just create 500 or a 1000 pages that do that, well you do the math. Now the key is to find things that pay $5 - $10 per click or more and do the same thing. Sounds simple doesn't it? But we all know it's not that simple.

It's takes time, patience and lots of research. That's the best advice you can get from me. I'm not getting rich but the income is increasing every month so far. I had set a goal to produce at least one page of new content every week, and so far I'm sticking to that goal. I just put up two new pages yesterday for something that begins in October here, and I want them indexed and SEO'd way before then.

Maybe I'm wrong, and there is a "magic bullet" somewhere but I haven't seen nor found it. The biggest trick I see is finding "higher paying keywords" and getting found once you are using them. I would love to know the secret to that as well because every time I have found a niche I think pays well, smart pricing kicks in and what was $1.50 - 2.00 per click, all of of a sudden is now down to $.15 - .20 per click, and that's one thing "I really don't understand"! It makes me crazy because I end up feeling like reaching a good daily income, is going to be impossible. But you can't give up and I don't. There is more of an answer some where and I've tried getting it out of others or books, but I get basically the same thing I just gave you in a longer version.

To your success!

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , ,

No comments: