Friday, July 07, 2006

Instant Adsense Templates by Joel Comm...

This is the last part of a conversation with Joel via the help desk I had yesterday after receiving this package and being a bit dissapointed with what I received:

Quote from Joel - "Hi,I understand your concerns.The first one, related to the PLM content, has been resolved. Michael Santiago has publicly said that all is well so there is no concern.

You aren't supposed to use the templates based on the content alone. We provided you with a beginning that you are then supposed to use to create your OWN content. The content we placed was just there to show how it works, not for people to use as-is.Use the templates and create quality content that people want to read. That is how you make money with AdSense. :-)

Joel
"End Quote"

So in other words, if you are at all "html capable" I would be wary of this package. I see nothing in there from a template point of view that is not something I could have created myself. I wanted to use the ready made sites to get "quickly into some new niches" but it sounds like he's recommending not to use the content he sold us, but to rewrite our own? What gives with that?

Being aware that "original" content is king, this is frustrating as why bother put the "ready made" sites in the package if he's going to turn around tell us not to use it? None of the premade sites are keyword optimized either, so keep in mind that you will have to do all the SEO work on these templates also. If you are after the premade sites, save your money based on Joel's own comments. If you don't want spend the time creating templates, you'll have to decide if the $197 is worth it. I am dissapointed, not in the package itself, but because I feel Joel misrepresented the content some in selling it.

As I told him, I feel like I have a big "sucker" stamped on my forehead at the moment. I'll live and learn but unfortunately this once again shows that the big guru's are making their money off of those who are trying to learn.

Well I learned this time...2000 units at $197 = $397,000 (not including those who opted for volume two at $97). Guess who the smart guy was and who the dummy was? I'm going to work making site templates to sell, as that will be much more lucrative from what I see. I'm guessing there are many more like me out there who were sold on this one (at least 2000 others anyway lol) so I should be able to sell them one way or another. I'm not dissing Joel. He obvioulsy is one smart cookie and and a great marketer, but I just learned an expensive lesson, that I will remember in the future and wanted to share my honest opinion with the rest of you. http://www.wm8c.com

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

No comments: