Sunday, July 02, 2006

What Search Engine Do You Use?

I have been around the internet circuit for quite some time now. I have watched over those years, many different search engines come and go in popularity. 7Search, MSN, Google, Alta Vista, Dogpile, Yahoo, Ask Jeeves, Alexa, just to name a few. I have tried most of the major engines over the years and in the late 90's I was a huge Alta Vista fan and with that engine I could find pretty much anything I was looking for!

After that, Yahoo was just coming into it's own and stayed in my default browser category for the next couple of years. During that time the DMOZ project was also very popular and it was everyone's aim to be listed in the "open directory project".

But then it happened. Google, the little known upstart really began to come into it's own. I started using Google very heavily about 3 years ago and have never looked back. To this date, I have not found a search engine that was and is as capable of bringing me the qualified results that Google has and it has remained my default browser search engine for over 3 years now. So I again ask the question, "what search engine do you use"? So all I can say is "getyoursearchon"!



http://www.wm8c.com

Technorati Tags: , , , ,


No comments: