Friday, July 07, 2006

Instant Adsense Templates by Joel Comm...a follow up

There was a question posed about the quality of the templates and on the W3C compliance. I had checked this also and here are the results of the index page of just one site:

Result: Failed validation, 44 errors Feel free to run this through the validation yourself http://www.wm8c.com/southbeach/index.html

Most of the errors are fairly simple to correct if you really want to but I was also dissapointed at the quality for the price. I should have stuck with what I already was doing and saved the two months Adsense earnings I spent on it. On the other hand, Google doesn't really care if it meets compliance as I read recently that more than 90% of indexed sites fail W3C validation, so other than that they will index fine anyway.

Anyway, this is one "sucker" er customer that will learn from this experience before I ever purchase another item such as this. I really trusted Joel, but I feel I've been let down this time. Were I an html idiot, this might have been worth it, but unfortunately I'm not so it wasn't. I expected some very professional looking templates and what I got were a bunch of templates that are mid-grade at best. The adsense placement is nice, but nothing I didn't already know or utilize. I really feel this time the product was not properly represented and as you stated earlier, buyer beware.

The templates look like they were produced with the program that is part of the package called YOsitebuilder and not even close to a Dreamweaver or MS Frontpage quality template. Ok enough for now...I hope Joel listens to us, because I don't think I'll be the only one saying this when all is said and done. http://www.wm8c.com

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

No comments: