Sunday, August 13, 2006

Photo Album Software and Photo Sharing Software

If you are like me, you have hundreds, no thousands of digital pictures that you have taken over time. It seems like every time I needed find one of these pictures, I found myself searching through piles of CD's trying to find just that right digital photo for sharing, be it via internet or email or printer. What was my solution for this? Simple, a good piece of photo album software to store and organize all my digital photos. Once I made the switch to a good digital photo album software, my headaches all went away. I use Google's Picasa for my needs but there are many others available.

Most of the big photo shop companies offer this type software like Adobe and Corel, but I prefer to be the frugal sort and since Picasa is free and you can Get photo software from Google, I couldn't see any reason to spend money on a program from one of the others.
The thing I really like about Picasa, is the ease with which you can do photo sharing with friends and family, and as photo album software goes, it as easy to use as anything I've found. they have done "numerous" software updates and and enhancements and they are free. I have it since sometime in 2003 and I have never looked back even after trying a few others.

Google's Picasa can even back up all your photo's onto CD so you won't lose them even if you have a major crash. It is one of the easiest to use pieces of software I've found for this purpose as well. It has a multitude of features, such as slideshows, gift CD's, Web albums, basic digital picture editing and adjustment with all the most popular features, and much more. I have attached a screen shot of what you will see when you open the program.

This is not a cheap piece of software either and it has all the bells and whistles of the big buys and the interface is very professional and easy to use. Enjoy your time taking pictures and not trying to find them!


Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: