Thursday, September 28, 2006

Archery Deer Hunting Season 2006 - 2 days left

Two more days till the opening of archery deer season 2006! I can't wait for Sunday morning to arrive so that I can get back into the woods enjoying my favorite sport. I've checked and re-checked the bow sights and equipment and everything seems to be in order. I've gone over the deer patterns in my head and now all that's really left is to climb into my perch about 15 feet up my favorite tree and wait!

Tomorrow I need to go to the woods and place my bottom two sections of the tree steps back into the tree to be ready for Sunday morning. I tried to do it that way this year to discourage the local thieves from stealing the stand as I had happen last year. I am hoping not to have my season ruined like happened about 3 weeks into last years season when someone decided to help themselves to my ladder stand. One of the more common perils of state land hunting. There always seems to be someone who has to ruin it for others.

I'm hoping that this season will be a successful one and I look forward to telling the stories of the new season as it develops. If you are a fellow hunter I'd love to hear your stories from this season and I will be sharing my experiences along the way as well. Good luck to all!

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , ,

No comments: