Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Diabetes and me - A new saga

Last Friday I was informed that I have type II diabetes. I haven't been to see the doctor yet and have that scheduled for next week. So why am I writing this now without any information? Because I don't want to just wait for the doctor to tell me what's going on, I want to learn on my own as well. I have already begun researching on the web, what types of treatments there are, and alternatives such as natural or herbal treatments. I know the first thing he will say is to eat healthier, change my diet, and lose about 80 lbs. Well maybe 80 would be a bit much but I easily stand to loose 40 or so.

All I'm trying to say is, “don't take your health for granted”. I never really contemplated the likely hood of becoming a diabetic but now I will have to deal with that reality. Makes me feel like a walking time bomb for the most part with all the other issues I already have. My faith in God’s plan for me will keep me strong no matter what. My days were numbered by him since before I was born, so I will do what needs to be done to fulfill that destiny. More after I see the doctor.


Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: