Thursday, September 21, 2006

Archery Deer Hunting Season 2006 - update

Well in my last post about archery deer season 2006, my son and I had just purchased some new arrrows and broadheads for the coming season. Our bows are all sighted in and ready to go as we have been doing our practice rounds and "skippy" is now once again full of holes in the center of the target where they belong.

Who is "skippy"? Well he's our favorite 3D target buddy deer. He got the name skippy a few years back when my favorite hunting buddy and son Joshua, keep skimming his arrows off the back of the 3D target. I kept giving him a hard time about that and told him to quit "skipping" arrows off the top of target before he hit the neighbors house with one of his arrows. Well the target has been lovingly know ever since then as "skippy" and it's a fitting name, although now that he's grown, I can't honestly say he's been "skipping" any arrows off the target for some time now.

My son is also one of the reasons that I so much enjoy this hunting season above all others, and that's because I get to share it with him. We've been archery deer hunting since he was 12 years old together (13 years now) and I wouldn't have it any other way. He my son, but he's also my best friend and I love the time that I get to spend with him in the woods sharing a sport that we both love and relish in each others successes in.

Only a week and a half left and I can't wait! The stands are in the trees and waiting for us to climb them. The deer are getting active and our buck is out there in the woods waiting for us to surpise him. There's no better thrill than the one of the hunt, except for maybe the thrill of spending time with my best friend and son in the woods!

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , ,

No comments: