Saturday, September 30, 2006

Writing and Submitting Ezine Articles

Have you ever wondered what the pros and cons of submitted your own articles to the free Ezine sources would be? I did and I haven't yet done so because I have been concerned about as great many things that surround doing this and using the service.

I was recently invited to participate in an interview with Christopher Knight of EzineArticles.com fame and he did a bang up job answering the questions I had regarding submitting articles that I've written to the them. I had a number of questions on the pros and cons on writing and submitting my own articles to these sources for many reasons and after reading Christopher's responses, I am now much more relaxed and and also "in the know" about submitting articles to the free Ezine sources, both pro and con. Here's the interview.

Todd Strait Interviews Chris Knight on Article Writing & Marketing (Ham Radio Perspective)


#1 - I write my own content for my site and I am concerned about posting these on article sites for fear of duplicate content penalties on my own site as the article propagates out on the web? Should I be?

It’s hard to give you a definitive answer on this. Everyone wants a black and white answer from me on this one and I usually answer with this thought: You have a much bigger threat looming than the duplicate content penalty that is often thrown around in different circles… and that threat is what happens to your business if you don’t have enough traffic to pay the bills and make the business go?

If you want the traffic, there are ways you can mitigate your risks: Only produce original content… perhaps syndicating original content that you don’t host on your own website. You could also decide to only syndicate a small percentage of your total content, such as 10-25% instead of all of it.

Read the rest of this article at
http://www.wm8c.com/article_submission_questions.htm

Technorati Tags:
, , ,

No comments: