Saturday, September 30, 2006

Basics of Injection Molding

I have been writing a series for my website on injection molding basics. I have added about 24 page articles on the subject and once my brain recovers, I will be adding some more. Here's and excerpt from one of the series pages...

The Art of Molding vs. Scientific or Decoupled Molding – In the plastic injection molding world, there are basically two schools of thought. I’m going to sneak this information in between the process setup information I just presented in Plastic Injection Molding Basics, sections one through five, and the troubleshooting pages that will follow this. Having been in the field for almost 25 years now, I have seen a lot of changes in the thought process relating to the way injection molding processes are developed. In the previous pages, I have used primarily the “the scientific molding” approach, but I wanted to touch a bit more on that thought processes as well as the previously more “traditional” way of process development and control that was used for years and I’m sure can still be found in use today in some shops. Just got o http://www.wm8c.com/plastic_injection_molding_vi.htm for the rest of this article and many more...

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments: