Saturday, January 13, 2007

Adsense picture update - January 12th

Well it finally happened. I have received a letter from Google about a policy violation and guess what it referred to? Pictures next to the AdSense ads. Here's what I received yesterday:

"Hello,

While reviewing your account, we noticed that you are currently displaying Google ads in a manner that is not compliant with our policies. For instance, we found violations of AdSense policies on pages such as www.wm8c.com/acne_treatment.htm.

Publishers may not implement Google ads in a manner that disguises the ads in any way, for instance, by formatting neighboring content to look similar to the ads, or by making ads look like games or forum threads. Additionally, publishers may not attempt to associate specific images with the individual ads appearing on their sites. Such an implementation may confuse users who assume that the image is directly related to the advertiser's offerings.

Please make any necessary changes to your web pages in the next 3 business days. We also suggest that you take the time to review our program policies (https://www.google.com/adsense/policies) to ensure that all of your other pages are in compliance."

Now I love this program and I am grateful that it wasn't the dreaded banning letter and I immediately made the changes as requested. If you've read my blog recently, you would know that I had already switched from the pictures I was using, to a slow colored animated graphic. Evidently, this is also not acceptable with the new AdSense guide lines regarding graphics.

My advice? If you like AdSense, remove the graphics before they come knocking. It's not worth the risk to wait for them to tell you that you are in violation.

No comments: