Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Follow up on Adsense graphics use change

About a week ago I posted about Google change in their Adsense policy with regard to using pictures that improperly represented the ads to vistors on their site (see http://wm8c.blogspot.com/2006/12/new-experiment-has-begun-with-adsense.html). I did some removing of pictures from the ad blocks on pages where these would violate the TOS of Google Adsense and replaced them with a colored bar that has a gentle animation to it that I hoped would be enough to catch the eye of the visitor but not scream "I'm an ad, click me".

Well after 7 days or so, I have to say that my CTR's appear to be ok so far. I've seen a drop of about 1% on the average, but I've also seen a visitor drop in the month of December as well. It's definately too soon to tell but I'm at least encouraged that the new animated color bar seems to be working so far.

Now I guess you could interpret that two different ways. Either the pictures being used before didn't make much of a difference, or the new bar is serving the same purpose. I tend so far to lean toward the the latter, as I know for a fact that adding pictures originally increased my CTR's a good bit on the pages where they were used.

I am using AdSpyTracker for my stats
which you can get here for $9.99 and it's giving me all the information to run the testing on the ad blacks since the change. I will be posting more once I get a month or so of testing data to do a real comparison. To your success and don't forget to stop by my main site too at http://www.wm8c.com .

Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: