Monday, December 18, 2006

It's almost time for the Rose Bowl and the BCS championship game

Once again Michigan will be playing in the famed Rose Bowl. If you are a Michigan and especially a college football fan, then this is one of the games that come New Years day, that we all know you will be watching!

Now being a Michigan fan, there is a part of me that really would like to see Michigan and Ohio State go at it again for all the marbles, but the fact is, even as a die hard Michigan fan, I have to say that the championship game was already played back in November and unfortunately for me, Michigan came out the 2nd best, but a great season non the less.

I am a huge proponent of getting rid of the current BCS system in lieu of a real playoff season. I know this rubs many people the wrong way, and all the big money would end up being split differently when it came to championship games. But...I really feel this system of "voting" has long out lived it's usefulness and value. Every other level of collegiate sports has a bracketed championship, just like it was in high school too, so why shouldn't it still be the same with the "Big Ten, the Pack Ten, the ACS, etc?

I know, "it's just the way it's been for a long time", but that doesn't make it right and I feel it's time for a change. This is not sour grapes on my part as my team is already out of the picture, had that been the case this year. I do feel however the current system is wrong and there is a "better way".

Technorati Tags:
, ,

No comments: