Thursday, December 14, 2006

Time think about goals for 2007

Hopefully by now you have finished all of your gift shopping for family and freinds? I know procrastinating is the nature of many people including myself and it's always easier to put off today what you can do tomorrow. Unfortunately, that approach to things carries over into your daily life as well if let it.

I was the same way about my internet marketing adventures. I wanted to earn some extra money by using the internet but I didn't know how. After some looking around in early 2005, I found Adsense quite by accident and decided to slap some of it on my site and see what I could earn with it. I set a simple goal of paying for my web hosting and low and behold, a year later in early 2006 I hit that goal and got my first payment from Google.

Great huh? Many might think so as did I. Certain circumstances that occured in March of 2006 caused me to re-think my strategy with regard to Adsense and set new goals. My procrastination and minimal goal setting caused me to miss out on the Google boom days, but you can still earn a decent income with Adsense if you try.

I set new goals for the remainder of this year, changed course, and low and behold I hit them too! Now I still can't retire on what I earned the last few months, not even by a long shot, but I have learned that much more is possible than I ever early on expected.

So now what? Well on to 2007 and new goals. I have set a new much higher goal for the coming year and now plabn to work towards doubling my current internet income by April and then I will plan to double that by the end of 2007. Likely? Absolutely, but not withiout a lot of hard work and time, but I will get there.

Set goals for your self now before the end of the year. The sky is really the limit!

Technorati Tags:
, ,

No comments: