Saturday, November 11, 2006

Do you have the entrepeneur spirit?

Over the years I have always worked a full time job, and some cases in the early day I was even working two full time jobs while working my way up the ladder and supprting a family of four. I am a successful Engineer in the plastics industry and love what I do. Well by the grace of God, we have been very fortunate over the years and though we are not ever going to be of "Bill Gates" fortune, we have managed to eek out a decent living, even losing two jobs along the way, and I was able to allow my wife to stay home and raise our four children as she wished to do.

The children are now all grown but one wish I have always had, is a desire to do something on my own, to be my own boss, to not have to work the daily grind for someone else. Well now that I've reached my mid forties, my children off on their own and doing well, I have more time to work on this project. My ultimate dream has been to own my own restaurant, something between fast food and fine dining.

While I have not yet ventured off on that project, I am however working with some online projects to help jump start the financial savings needed to start something like that. I have been learning everything I can and I recently met my original 6 month goal for online earnings, almost to the month. I have now set the new goal for the next six months and I am off towards working for that.

What I want to say, is no matter what...set a goal for yourself. You may or may not reach it but if you never set one, you never will! A very smart man once said, "do what you always did, and you get what you always got". Best advise I ever heard!

Technorati Tags:
, ,

No comments: