Tuesday, November 14, 2006

New to internet marketing? How do you get started?

I am still a relative newbie to internet marketing but I am getting more and more experienced every week that goes by. I thought I might share some of what I have been learning over the past six months now and share a few insights that I wish someone had shared with me in the beginning.

Currently my main source of income is from the Google Adsense program. I would be willing to bet that the majority of people getting into the internet marketing world enters through that particular portal. It's the way I got into this as well. I have more recently been venturing out into other areas of the internet marketing world and I am proceeding very slowly at the moment, mostly because if you don't, you could easily find yourself spending more money that you are earning.

The reason I say that is because there are so many people out there trying to sell you the latest information, and it's all at prices of $37, 67, 97, 197, 297 dollars (I still haven't figured out the significance of the "7" yet but I will) and before you know it you could own half of them if your not careful. Keep in mind that many of these people are making their money off people like you and I who are trying to learn and if not careful we will buy all of their wares.

First word of caution, if sounds too good to be true, it is! Same as in the off-line world, and no different. Second, they all claim to be guru's and that they don't need your money (but they really do). Don't buy anything until you've thought about it for a week. If the offer is done in 24 hours, so be it, let it go because another will come along. I will be back with more but that will get you started. To your success.

Technorati Tags:
, ,

No comments: