Monday, October 02, 2006

Co-operative Bank - Ethical Banking Investment Synopsis

Have you heard of The Co-operative Bank? This is a bank that takes a very unique view on the way that they approach investing and take a very strong stance on Ethical Banking . I found this to be a fairly unique concept among banks in generally and especially an internet banking service.

If you look at any of the ethical statements of other online banks, what do you think you will find? I decided to give it a look and what I found was interesting to say the least and I have to admit, that in the past I never really thought about this when choosing a bank for investing purposes. What I found was firstly, that I couldn't even really find an "ethical" statement for most of the banks I checked.

Now I suppose they could be there hidden somewhere and I just wasn't''t able to find them, but I have to admit that I find it interesting that the Co-operative Bank is so intent on promoting
Ethical Banking. If you take the time to read some of their guidelines and standards, I think you will be impressed with the stance that they take in regard to the types of opportunities that they invest your money in.

If you are concerned about where your investments are being placed then I suggest that you give this bank a look. "Read" their ethical statement and you will be surprised about what you see I think. They appear to take a honest look and concern to heart about investing your money into "ethical opportunities" and place a high regard on it.

Technorati Tags:
, ,

No comments: