Wednesday, October 11, 2006

PayPerPost on TechCrunch

Recently there has been a ton of controversy surrounding PayPerPost and it's created a lot of buzz around the "professional blogger" circuit? What is the professional blogger circuit. Well it's the people who think blogging should be reserved for the purists and that nothing should be written that isn't a free will choice of the blog and God forbid that they get paid for it.

PayPerPost is the latest to hit the
blog advertising circuit and they have been doing some pretty crazy things to promote their program. I have been a part of PayPerPost for about 3 months now and I have my own opinions about blog advertising and paid blogging in general.

I blog for two reasons. The first is because I like to write about anything that interests me and that can be a diverse variety of things. If I wanted a blog that specialized in SEO, I would have created one, or maybe even something like TechCrunch. But to be honest, my first blog which is not this one, was simply in the vein of what blogging started out as and that was weblog or online journal.

Well it has evolved much since then. Many people use their blogs as their main website. Me, I use my blog for all kinds of things, I use it for talking about things that interest me, I use to talk about things I think about, and if someone is willing to pay me to review their product and then write a review on it, I'll do that too. If that makes me a non blog purist like some of the people knocking
blog advertising, then I say to heck with them. My blog is for what I want it to be and not what the "true bloggers" as they like to call themselves say I should do or write about. Sell my soul for a buck, nope. Sell my thoughts for advertising, yup!

Technorati Tags:
, ,

No comments: