Monday, October 02, 2006

Opening day or Deer Season 2006

Not much to report from this years opening day. Conditions were very wet yesterday morning but the deer were moving. I didn't see anything from my stand but my son saw a few does about half an hour after it got light. The bucks were hiding from us yesterday.

We went back out last night and basically got skunked. Disappointed? Nope! This is typical of a day of state land hunting in our area. I did see some turkeys and they are fun to watch too. There was time in Michigan when they were all but extinct but have made a phenomenal comeback with some good conservation. We enjoy the hunt as much as we enjoy the final reward of it. It was so relaxing to just sit in my tree stand and watch everything go on without me. Sometimes just taking a break from life is all you need to refresh your mind and soul.

An added benefit is the walk to and from the tree stands which is about a 1/2 mile for us each way. I feel so good when I'm in the woods it's hard to describe but from a health stand point I would recommend it to anyone that's needs a break from life and could use a healthful way to exercise. You don't even need to be a hunter to enjoy that, but please wear proper protective clothing if you go into the woods during an open hunting season so you aren't mistaken for prey by someone not paying close attention.

Do your self and your health a favor, take a walk in the woods and go hunting!

Technorati Tags:
, , ,

No comments: