Saturday, October 07, 2006

Looking for real change of scenery at work?

Have you ever considered working in Europe or working in the UK? It's definitely not a choice that crosses every ones mind on a regular basis. I think most of us that work, have considered changing jobs at least once and I think that most of us consider it more often than we even like to admit. After many years, I have finally reached a point that I am very happy with the company I currently work for, and have now for a number of years running. But I will be the first to admit that it wasn't always so.

I have been working as a Process and Project Engineer for about the last 21 years now but there was a time in my career where the adventurous side of me got the best of me and I actually moved and worked in Europe for 3 years. I worked for a company called AMP which is based in Pennsylvania, and I was working in their Dutch operation in the metal stamping division. Now this came partially about because my wife is Dutch born and had family there, so that country was a natural choice for us. The culture shock was great but the learning experience was something I have never regretted or would trade even to this day.

For many of the English speaking world, that be a bit drastic so you might prefer
working in the UK which would allow you to keep your main language, although I must warn you that the true English language is it's own learning experience. Michael Page is an international recruitment agency that has offices all around the world. They have all sorts of info on salary surveys, CV (resumé) writing, interview techniques and more. You can learn about requirements to owrk in the UK such as how the get a bank account, visa, and the cost-of-living for the UK. Check it out...

Technorati Tags:
, ,

1 comment:

Cece said...

Jobs in uk not a good prospect, not many jobs are here currently and they are even sending back foreign workers.